The AFED Capacity Building Group in partnership with the WF Capacity Building Group organized the 7th Leadership Development Program from the 14th to the 17th of August 2014 in Mombasa, Kenya.
Updated on 12 March 2018
The Council of European Jamaats is pleased to launch the 2014 Leadership Development Programme.
The programme shall be held over two weekends:
13-14 September & 27th-28th September in the UK.
Cost : £400 full price. Early bird offer of £350 for applications submitted by 28 July 2014. (CoEJ subsidy of up to £200 available for those who require financial assistance)
Your local Jamaat may also sponsor you.
The primary aim of this program is to develop leadership capacity across the Muslim communities in Europe. The type of leaders that will enable the Muslim community to develop strategies to contribute fully for the common good of both the Muslim and wider society. This course will also allow participants to realize their own leadership styles and to enhance and evolve their skills to ensure more productive and efficient working methods.
The key learning outcomes sought are as follows:
- To develop and enhance participants’ core leadership capacity
- To provide an environment for participants to explore their assumptions, ideas and deepen their values and ethical framework
- To enhance understanding of effective organizations and organizational development
- To deepen participants’ self-awareness, self development, reflective practice and emotional intelligence
- To develop participants’ understanding of the role they play in most effectively serving the community
For further details on the programme, please read the brochure by clicking here.
The program is designed to take up to 30 participants. A committee will make the selection of participants from the applications received based on criteria specified under the Participants Profile.
Applicants shall be notified as to whether they were succesful by 29th August. The balance of payment shall be due by 30th August.
The balance payment of £300 can be made here.
For those who qualify for the early bird offer (registered prior to 28 July) please make payment here
For queries please contact:
Mariam Hassam - Chair of CoEJ Capacity Building
Find out more about our CEO vacancy and how you can apply for the position