Imam Ali Ridha (A.S), our 8th Imam was born in Medina on 11th Dhul Qaida to Imam Musa Kadhim(A.S) and his mother Arwi. Imam Ridha (a.s) was famously known for his generosity and patience. He provided us with a lot of advice on how to take care of ourselves.
Updated on 12 March 2018
Dear Community Members,
I am very pleased to be able to tell you all about the launch of our very own Khums Calculator app.
Some of the objectives of creating this app are as follows:
• To assist community members in working out their khums liabilities;
• To provide an annual reminder when khums is required to be paid;
• To raise awareness of khums as an obligation;
• To provide a means of storing khums data (confidentially) to make it easier to work out future khums dues;
• To provide an efficient and simple method of payment;
• To act as a resource of finding out about what khums is due and how it is calculated. To download the Android version of the app visit the Google play store and search for ‘Khums calculator’ .
Please do download it and as this is the first app we have created we are very keen to get your feedback. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to get in contact with me; I am always open to hearing your thoughts! You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, if you have any ideas about other Apps we could develop which would benefit our global community, please do share them with us.
The iOS (Apple) version of the app is under development and will inshallah be launched in the next few weeks.
I hope you all find this app as useful as I do!
With Salaams & duas,
For more information on the Khums App - click here.
Elders of the Shia Ithna Asheri Muslim Communities around the globe have made significant contributions throughout their lives to the betterment of their communities.
The Holy Prophet (saw) has said ‘Verily, Rajab is Allah’s month, Sha’aban my month and Ramadan the month of my Ummah’.