On Thursday 7 November 2013, 4 shells were fired at the Shrine of Sayyidah Zaynab. One of the shells struck one of the minarets causing minor damage. Another hit the courtyard, injuring 30 people, 15 of which were women and children.
Updated on 12 March 2018
On this auspicious day of 15th Sha’baan while Muslims around the world celebrate the birth of the awaited savior of humanity, Imam al Mahdi (aj), our Imam continues to pray to the Almighty for his reappearance, invoking: “O Allah! Fulfill my promise for me, make my footsteps steadfast, and fill the earth with justice and equity through me.”
Let each one of us, young and old renew our pledge to Imam-e-Zamana (aj) and follow in his footsteps to do whatever is in our ability to spread justice and equity across the world. We can start today by supporting The World Federation’s Ramadhan Relief Fund which over the past 35 years has been working in over 15 countries worldwide to help those who are living in hardship. These countries include Bangladesh, Bosnia, Europe, India, Iraq, Kenya, Lebanon, Madagascar, Myanmar, Pakistan, Palestine, South Africa, Syria, Tanzania and Uganda. Families depend on the Ramadhan Relief Fund so that they too can fast and pray in peace without having to worry about where their next meal is coming from. Nothing is more difficult than facing these men, women and children with nothing to give.
This year, with your help, we hope to provide various forms of aid such as:
- Food baskets, iftaar, sehri, debt relief, medical assistance and other essential items and services to beneficiary families who are counting on our help. For as little as £35 GBP / $52 USD / $65 CAD, you can feed a family of four for one month;
- Funding for microfinance projects aimed at assisting families to become financially independent so that they no longer have to depend on others;
- Short, medium and long term humanitarian support to Yemeni refugees in Djibouti who comprise 460 Khoja members of our community (100 who are under the age of 16).
The World Federation is inviting you to join hands across the world so that together we can build a safety net for families this Ramadhan. You can help by:
- Making a donation to the Ramadhan Relief Fund;
- Join our ‘Children Helping Children’ Campaign to fundraise for Ramadhan Relief;
- Support children, youth and volunteers who are fundraising for Ramadhan Relief in your communities;
- Sponsor a country or region in which we are working in;
- Stay tuned for more ways you can get involved over the coming weeks.
On this very blessed night of Shab-e-Barat and the birthday of Imam-e-Zamana (aj), may Allah (swt) accept your every du’a and answer your every hajaat. May He hasten the reappearance of our Imam and give us the resolve to walk in his footsteps today and always. Ameen.
Thanks to everyone’s collective and generous support, we were able to distribute about $1.6 million USD last year in various forms of aid including food baskets, iftaars, monetary assistance and debt relief. Please help us again this year with a donation to the Ramadhan Relief Fund. Your support is making a difference!
RAMADHAN RELIEF FUND: DONATE ONLINE
In Europe, click here
Rest of the World, click here
Donate directly to your Jamaat Treasurer
For more information, please email [email protected]
The World Federation of KSIMC is pleased to announce that mentor applications for the Madinah and Bab al-Ilm short summer course 2015 are now open.
The World Federation is pleased to share with you the nominations submitted to us by you! Click here to find out who our community nominated for Fatima Inspires 2018.